Rajpal Yadav is one of Bollywood’s most popular and best actors. He is known for his comic roles in movies like Hungama, Chup Chup Ke, Bhool Bhulaiyaa, and many more. He has also played serious and negative roles in films like Main Madhuri Dixit Banna Chahti Hoon, Jungle, and Darna Zaroori Hai.
|Full Name||Rajpal Naurang Yadav|
|Profession||Actor, comedian, writer, music producer, film producer and director|
|Date of Birth||March 16, 1971|
|Current Age||52 years old|
|Place of Birth||Kundra, Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Tattoos on body||Not found|
Past & Current Relationships:
|Father||Navrang Singh Yadav (farmer)|
|Siblings||Brother: Pratap Singh Yadav|
Rajpal Yadav married Radha Yadav in 2003. They have two daughters, Jyoti and Reeti. Rajpal Yadav is very close to his family and often shares pictures and videos of them on his social media accounts. He also supports various social causes and charities. He was involved in a controversy in 2013 when he was arrested for cheating a Delhi-based businessman of Rs 5 crore. He was sentenced to six months in jail but was granted bail later.
Early Life & Education:
Rajpal Yadav was born on 16 March 1971 in Kundra, a village in Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It was a humble upbringing for him coming from a lower-middle-class family. His interest in acting developed at a young age and he participated in many plays and dramas in school and college. He moved to Mumbai in 1997 to pursue his acting dream. He joined the National School of Drama (NSD) and graduated in 1999. He also trained at the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) in Pune.
Rajpal Yadav completed his schooling from Harpal Saini Inter College in Shahjahanpur. He then enrolled in Raza Inter College in Bareilly for his intermediate education. He graduated from Bhartendu Academy of Dramatic Arts in Lucknow with a diploma in theatre. He also did a two-year course in acting from NSD and a one-year course in direction from FTII. He started his acting career with television shows like Mungeri Ke Bhai Naurangilal, Shubh Mangal Savadhan, and Yeh Dil Chahe More. He made his film debut with Dil Kya Kare in 1999.
|Upcoming Films||Mannu Aur Munni Ki Shaadi (2023), Dream Girl 2 (2023), Apurva (2023), Kathal (2023), Bad Boy (2023), Shehzada (2023), Thai Massage (2022), Ardh (2022), Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 (2022)|
He started his acting career in 1997 with a television serial Mungeri Ke Bhai Naurangilal, and made his film debut in 1999 with Dil Kya Kare. He rose to fame with his comic roles in films like Hungama, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, Garam Masala, Phir Hera Pheri, Bhool Bhulaiyaa and many more. He has also played serious and negative roles in films like Jungle, Main Madhuri Dixit Banna Chahti Hoon, Main, Meri Patni Aur Woh and Bhopal: A Prayer for Rain. He has won several awards for his performances, such as Screen Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role for Jungle, Yash Bharati Award for Main Madhuri Dixit Banna Chahti Hoon and Janpad Ratna Award. He has also been nominated for Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role four times.
Net worth and Income:
|Net Worth (2021)||$10 Million US in 2023|
|Fees per film||Rs.1-2 crore per film|
|Source of Income||Rajpal Yadav charges around Rs.1-2 crore per film. A part of his net worth is generated through brand endorsements and live shows.|
Rajpal Yadav has an estimated net worth of around $10 million as of 2023. He earns his income from acting in films, television shows, web series and advertisements. He also owns a film production company called Shree Naurang Godavari Entertainment Ltd., which he founded in 2009. He produced his first film Ata Pata Laapata in 2012, for which he took a loan of Rs 5 crore from a Delhi-based company Murli Projects. However, he failed to repay the loan and was sentenced to 10 days imprisonment by the Delhi High Court in 2013. He was released after four days on bail. He later claimed that he had cleared all his dues and was working on his second film Ardh.
Interesting facts and Trivia
- Rajpal Yadav was born on March 16, 1971, in Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh. As a child, he faced several difficulties. In an interview, Rajpal had once mentioned that his father wanted him to become a ‘big man’ by getting educated due to his house’s poor economic condition. Hence, he ensured that Rajpal got admission to a city school.
- In an interview, the actor revealed how he has once taken a rupee from his elder brother to buy a lottery ticket. His brother scolded him when he found out, but the next day, he found out that the lottery won him Rs 65 sixty-five. He gave his brother fifty rupees, bought ten more tickets, and kept five rupees for himself. Rajpal, who had never got money for himself, felt like a king with the money saved.
- He began his acting career with negative roles and even won an award for his grey turn in ‘Jungle’ in 2000. But he soon realized that comedy was his forte. In no time, filmmakers were floored over by his comic timing and started offering him comic roles.
- Rajpal has acted in the Hollywood film ‘Bhopal: A Prayer For Rain’ that was released in 2014. He starred opposite veterans like Marteen Sheen.
- Rajpal Yadav started his acting career with the 1999 movie Dil Kya Kare.
- He has acted in over 200 movies in Hindi, Telugu, and others.
- Before becoming an actor, he worked as a security guard.
- Yadav has won several awards for his performances, including Best Performance in a Comic Role at the Filmfare Awards.
- In 2013, he was sentenced to 10 days in jail for contempt of court in a cheque bounce case.
- He is known for his versatile acting skills and has played a variety of roles in his career, from comic to serious.
- Rajpal Yadav is also a writer and wrote the script for the movie “Ata Pata Lapata” which he also directed and acted in.
- He is known for his iconic role as “Chhota Pandit” in the comedy movie “Bhool Bhulaiyaa” (2007).
- Yadav is an ardent fan of Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan and mimicked his voice in his movies.
- In 2020, he starred in the Netflix original movie “Ludo” which received critical acclaim for its ensemble cast and original storyline.