Unni Mukundan is a popular Indian actor who works mainly in Malayalam cinema. He has also appeared in a few Tamil and Telugu films. He is known for his roles in action and romantic films, such as Mallu Singh, Vikramadithyan, Style, Janatha Garage, and Achayans. He has won several awards and nominations for his performances, including the SIIMA Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role for Mallu Singh and the Asianet Film Award for Best Star Pair for Vikramadithyan.
In addition to being an actor, Unni Mukundan is also a producer and singer. He mainly works in Malayalam cinema but has also appeared in some Tamil and Telugu films. He has won several awards for his performances, including the Best Debut Actor award at the 2011 South Indian International Film Awards for his role in Bombay on March 12.
|Full Name||Unnikrishnan Mukundan Nair|
|Profession||Actor, Singer, Producer|
|Date of Birth||September 22, 1987|
|Current Age||35 years|
|Place of Birth||Thrissur, Kerala, India|
|Height||5′ 10 (178cm)|
|Weight||80 kg or 176.5 lbs|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Past & Current Relationships:
|Siblings||Karthika (Older Sister)|
Unni Mukundan has been very private about his personal life and has not revealed much about his past or current relationships. He has been linked with some of his co-stars, such as Sanusha, Remya Nambeesan, and Anushka Shetty, but he has denied any romantic involvement with them. He has also clarified that he is not married and is not planning to get married anytime soon. He has said that he is focused on his career and wants to do more challenging roles.
Early Life & Education:
Unni Mukundan was born on 22 September 1987 in Thrissur, Kerala, to Mukundan Nair and Roji Mukundan. He has an elder sister named Karthika. He spent his childhood in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, where his father worked as an engineer. He completed his schooling at St. Joseph’s School and Bhavan’s Vidya Mandir in Ahmedabad. He then moved to Kerala to pursue his graduation from Maharaja’s College in Ernakulam. He developed an interest in acting and modeling from a young age and participated in various cultural events and competitions. He made his acting debut in 2011 with the Tamil film Seedan, a remake of the Malayalam film Nandanam.
|Occupation||Actor, Singer, Producer|
|Years Active||2011 – present|
|Upcoming Acting Projects||Mindiyum Paranjum|
Unni Mukundan made his acting debut with the Tamil film Seedan in 2011, which was a remake of the Malayalam film Nandanam. He then entered the Malayalam film industry with Bombay March 12, where he shared screen space with Mammootty. He received critical acclaim and recognition for his performance as a Muslim youth who becomes a victim of the 1993 Bombay bombings.
He went on to play various roles in Malayalam films such as Thalsamayam Oru Penkutty, Ithu Pathiramanal, Orissa, D Company, The Last Supper and Vikramadithyan. He got his breakthrough with the lead role in Vysakh’s action comedy Mallu Singh in 2012, which was a huge commercial success and ran for over 100 days in theatres. He also played the lead role in I Love Me, directed by B. Unnikrishnan, where he showcased his action skills.
In 2014, he starred alongside Dulquer Salmaan in Lal Jose’s Vikramadithyan, which was another hit film. He also made his Telugu debut with Janatha Garage in 2016, where he played a negative role opposite Jr NTR and Mohanlal. He received positive reviews for his performance and was nominated for the Best Actor in a Negative Role award at SIIMA.
Some of his other notable films are Style, Oru Murai Vanthu Parthaya, Achayans, Clint, Chanakyathanthram, Mikhael and Mamangam. He has also produced two films under his banner Unni Mukundan Films – Black Coffee and Meppadiyan. He has also ventured into singing and lyric writing with Achayans, where he sang and wrote two songs.
Unni Mukundan is one of the most sought-after actors in Malayalam cinema today. He has a huge fan following among the youth and women. He is known for his handsome looks, physique, style and versatility. He is also involved in social causes and has endorsed road safety measures by appearing in advertisements for the motor vehicle department.
|Net Worth||$3.2 Million|
|Salary||0.20 Crores per movie (20 lakhs)|
|Sources of Income||Film Actor, Singer, Producer|
According to various sources, Unni Mukundan’s net worth is estimated to be around $3 million as of 2023. His main source of income is from acting in films and producing movies. He also earns from endorsements, events and shows. He owns a luxurious house in Kochi and drives a BMW car.
Interesting facts and Trivia
- Unni Mukundan’s real name is Unnikrishnan Mukundan.
- He grew up in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- He has also been an employee at Motif, later known as TTEC.
- In 2011, Unni Mukundan brought to life the character of Shahjahan in Bombay March 12, a Malayalam–language drama film based on the 1993 Bombay bomb blasts.
- Unni Mukundan made his acting debut in the 2011 Malayalam film “Seedan”.
- He has won several awards for his performances, including the Best Debut Actor award for “Thalsamayam Oru Penkutty” at the Jaihind TV Film Awards in 2013.
- Unni Mukundan is a trained dancer and has studied various forms of dance, including Bharatanatyam and Kalaripayattu.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and often shares his workout routines and fitness tips with his fans on social media.
- Unni Mukundan is a philanthropist and has been actively involved in various social causes, including the relief efforts during the Kerala floods in 2018.
- He is a foodie and enjoys experimenting with different cuisines. He often shares pictures of his culinary creations on his social media accounts.
- Unni Mukundan is a huge fan of the legendary actor Mammootty and considers him as his inspiration.
- He is also a skilled artist and has a passion for sketching and painting.
- Unni Mukundan is fluent in English, Malayalam, and Tamil.
- He is an avid traveler and has visited several countries across the world, including the United States, United Kingdom, and Singapore.