Saif Ali Khan is one of the most popular and versatile actors in Bollywood. He belongs to the royal Pataudi family and is the son of legendary actress Sharmila Tagore and former cricketer Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi.
He has won several awards for his performances in various genres of films, ranging from romantic comedies to crime thrillers. He is also a producer and a television personality.
|Full Name||Sajid Ali Khan Pataudi (changed to Saif Ali Khan after his debut in Bollywood)|
|Date of Birth||August 16, 1970|
|Place of Birth||New Delhi, India|
|Height||5 ft 8 in or 173 cm|
|Weight||78 kg (172 lbs)|
|Body Measurements||Chest: 42 inches (107 cm), Waist: 34 inches (86 cm), Biceps: 16 inches (41 cm)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Tattoos on Body||Kareena (written in Hindi) on his left forearm|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
Past & Current Relationships:
|Father||Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi (Former Indian cricketer)|
|Mother||Sharmila Tagore (Former Bollywood actress)|
|Siblings||Soha Ali Khan (Younger Sister, Actress), Saba Ali Khan (Younger Sister, Fashion Designer), Brother in Law – Kunal Khemu (Soha Ali Khan’s husband, Actor)|
|Marital Status||Married to Kareena Kapoor Khan (Bollywood actress)|
|Girlfriend||ex wife-Amrita Singh (Former Bollywood actress), Rosa Catalano|
Saif Ali Khan has been married twice.
His first marriage was with actress Amrita Singh, whom he met on the sets of his debut film Parampara in 1991. They got married in October 1991 and have two children together, Sara Ali Khan (born 1995) and a son (born 2001).
However, their marriage ended in a bitter divorce in 2004 because there were reports that Saif’s changed behavior towards Amrita and his family.
Saif Ali Khan was involved with an Italian model named Rosa Catalano after his divorce from Amrita Singh. They met in Kenya, and their chance meeting turned into a love-filled romance. Rosa traveled to India after their meeting, but it wasn’t until she arrived in India that she discovered Saif had previously been married and had two children. Their romance was short-lived, and they broke up in 2007.
Saif then dated model Rosa Catalano for a few years, before falling in love with actress Kareena Kapoor, who is the daughter of actors Randhir Kapoor and Babita. They started dating in 2007, after working together in the film Tashan. They have two children together, sons Taimur Ali Khan and Jehangir Ali Khan.
Early Life & Education:
Saif Ali Khan was born on 16 August 1970 in New Delhi, India. He has two sisters, Saba Ali Khan and Soha Ali Khan, who are also involved in the film industry.
He studied at Lawrence School, Sanawar, where he was a prefect and a house captain. At the age of nine, he was sent to Lockers Park School, Hertfordshire, UK. He graduated from Winchester College, United Kingdom, where he studied history and played cricket.
He returned to India and joined an advertising agency as a copywriter. He also modelled for some brands and appeared in some stage plays.
He was interested in acting since his childhood and decided to pursue it as a career. He auditioned for several films and got his first break in Parampara (1993), directed by Yash Chopra.
|Occupation||Actor, Film Producer|
|Years Active||1992 – present|
|Upcoming Films||Adipurush (2023)|
He belongs to the royal family of Pataudi and is the son of the late cricketer Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi and actress Sharmila Tagore.
So evidently, he had many connections in the film industry even before his career began.
He made his debut in 1993 with the film Parampara and went on to star in many successful films such as Dil Chahta Hai, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Hum Tum, Omkara, Race, Love Aaj Kal, Cocktail, Tanhaji and more.
He has won several awards for his performances, including a National Film Award and six Filmfare Awards.
He was also honored with the Padma Shri, the fourth-highest civilian award in India, in 2010.
Saif Ali Khan has also ventured into production with his own banner Illuminati Films, which has produced films like Love Aaj Kal, Agent Vinod, Cocktail, Go Goa Gone, and Happy Ending.
He is also the co-founder of Black Knight Films, which has produced films like Jawani Jaaneman and Bhoot Police.
He is also a part of Sacred Games, the first Indian original series on Netflix, where he plays the role of a police officer Sartaj Singh.
He has also appeared in other web series like Tandav and Dilli.
Saif Ali Khan is married to actress Kareena Kapoor Khan and they have two sons, Taimur and Jeh.
He also has two children from his previous marriage to actress Amrita Singh, Sara Ali Khan and Ibrahim Ali Khan.
Saif Ali Khan is known for his style, charm and wit. He is also an avid reader and enjoys playing the guitar.
|Net Worth||$175 million in 2023 (approximately)|
|Fees per Film||Rs 10-15 crores per movie and Rs 3-4 crore per endorsement|
|Sources of Income||Films, brand endorsements, personal investments, and many other works|
According to estimates, the net worth of Saif Ali Khan is estimated to be $175 million in 2023.
His primary source of income comes from films, brand endorsements, personal investments, and many other works. He also earns a lot of money from his acting profession.
He charges around Rs 15 crore per film and Rs 3-4 crore per endorsement.
Saif Ali Khan has endorsed many brands over the years. Some of the brands he has endorsed include House of Pataudi, Limca, Lay’s, Pepsi, Santoor, Asian Paints Royale, Head and Shoulders, Royal Stag, Oxemberg, Amul Macho, Carlsberg, Airbnb, Airtel, Ponds, and Paan Bahar.
He also earns from his production ventures and web series.
Saif Ali Khan has invested heavily in various real estate properties and personal investments.
He owns several properties in India and abroad, including a palace in Pataudi, a bungalow in Bandra, a flat in London, and a chalet in Switzerland.
He also owns a collection of luxury cars and bikes, such as the BMW 7 series, Audi R8 Spyder, Range Rover Vogue, Harley Davidson Iron 883, and more.
Interesting facts and Trivia
- Saif Ali Khan’s real name is Sajid Ali Khan. He changed his name to Saif after entering Bollywood.
- Both his grandfather, Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi, and father, Mansoor Ali Khan were professional cricketers.
- Apart from Soha Ali Khan, who is an actor herself, Saif Ali Khan also has another sister named Saba Ali Khan. She is a jewellery designer.
- Saif studied in Himachal Pradesh’s Lawrence School Sanawar, and then went on to continue his studies at Lockers Park School and Winchester College – both located in the United Kingdom.
- After completing his studies from the United Kingdom, the Jawaani Jaaneman actor worked at an advertising firm in Delhi for a few months.
- Saif Ali Khan was born into a royal family, the Pataudi family, and is the 10th Nawab of Pataudi.
- He is the son of famous actress Sharmila Tagore and former Indian cricketer Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi.
- He made his acting debut in the film “Parampara” in 1993, but it was his role in the film “Main Khiladi Tu Anari” in 1994 that gave him recognition.
- Saif Ali Khan is multilingual and can speak Hindi, English, and Bengali fluently.
- He is also a talented guitarist and has even played guitar in some of his film songs, such as “Ole Ole” from the film “Yeh Dillagi.”
- Saif Ali Khan is a fitness enthusiast and practices yoga regularly to keep himself healthy and fit.
- He is a big fan of Japanese culture and has even named his son Taimur, which means “iron” in Japanese.
- Saif Ali Khan is also a producer and owns a production company called Illuminati Films.
- He has won several awards for his acting, including six Filmfare Awards, two National Film Awards, and the Padma Shri award from the Indian government.
- Saif Ali Khan is known for his love of reading and is often seen with a book in his hand. He is particularly fond of books on history and mythology.