Shweta Tiwari is one of the most popular and successful actresses in the Indian television industry.
She has been working in the field for more than two decades and has won several awards and accolades for her performances.
She is best known for playing the iconic role of Prerna Sharma in Ekta Kapoor’s drama soap opera Kasautii Zindagii Kay, which was aired from 2001 to 2008.
Not just that, she also became the first female winner of the reality show Bigg Boss in 2010.
Apart from acting, she is also a model, a dancer, and a mother of two children.
|Date of Birth
|October 4, 1980
|43 years old
|Place of Birth
|Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India
|5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
|61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Past & Current Relationships, affairs
|Ashok Kumar Tiwari
|Nidhaan Tiwari (Brother), Nidhi Tiwari (Sister)
|Abhinav Kohli (m. 2013-present)
|She has a daughter named Palak Tiwari, born on 8 October 2000 with her ex-husband Raja Chaudhary. She also has a son named Reyansh Kohli with her husband Abhinav Kohli.
Shweta Tiwari’s personal life has been turbulent, with two failed marriages and plenty of relationship-based controversies.
In 1998 when she was 18, she married actor Raja Chaudhary and after 2 years the couple had a daughter Palak Tiwari.
Unfortunately, soon after, Raja’s alcoholism and domestic violence soured and fractured their relationship.
Soon the relationship became intolerable to Shweta and in 2007, she filed for divorce, and after a long legal battle with her husband, the couple got separated in 2012.
In court, she accused Raja Chaudhary of physically beating her up, harassing her, and abusing her daughter.
She then fell in love with actor Abhinav Kohli and married him in 2013 after dating for three years.
They had a son named Reyansh Kohli, who was born in 2016. However, their marriage also hit the rocks when Shweta filed a complaint of domestic violence against Abhinav in 2019.
She alleged that he made lewd comments on her daughter and showed her vulgar photos on his phone.
Abhinav was arrested by the police but later released on bail. Shweta and Abhinav are currently separated but not divorced.
Early Life & Education
Shweta Tiwari was born on 4 October 1980 in Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Her father Ashok Kumar Tiwari was a pharmacist and her mother Nirmala Tiwari was a homemaker.
She has a brother named Nidhaan Tiwari. She did her schooling at St. Isabels High School, Mumbai, and completed her graduation with a B.Com from Burhanis College, Mazegaon, Mumbai.
She has been interested in acting since her childhood and participated in various cultural events and debates in school and college.
She started her career as a model and appeared in several advertisements before making her debut on television.
|1999 – present
|Currently appearing in the TV show “Mere Dad Ki Dulhan” on Sony TV. No upcoming projects have been announced.
Shweta Tiwari started her acting career in 1999 with the TV show Kaliren.
She rose to fame with her role as Prerna Sharma in Ekta Kapoor’s soap opera Kasautii Zindagii Kay, which ran from 2001 to 2008.
She played the role of a strong and independent woman who faced many challenges in her life.
She won several awards for her portrayal, including the Indian Telly Award for Best Actress in a Lead Role.
Shweta Tiwari also participated in various reality shows, such as Nach Baliye, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, and Khatron Ke Khiladi.
She made history by becoming the first female winner of Bigg Boss in 2010 and also hosted some shows like Comedy Circus Ka Naya Daur and Rangoli.
Shweta Tiwari has also acted in films, both in Hindi and regional languages. She made her film debut in 2004 with Madhoshi, followed by Aabra Ka Daabra.
She has also appeared in films like Trinetra, Hamar Sayian Hindustani, Bin Bulaye Baraati, Sultanat, etc.
Shweta Tiwari has also worked in some web series, such as Hum Tum And Them, Baarish, and Puncch Beat.
She is currently playing the lead role of Aparajita in Zee TV’s Main Hoon Aparajita.
Net Worth and Income
|Current Net Worth
|Fees per film
|Rs. 60,000 to 70,000 per day
|Other Sources of Income
Shweta Tiwari is one of the highest-paid actresses in the television industry. She reportedly charges around Rs. 60,000 to 70,000 per day for her work.
As of October 2023, her net worth is estimated to be around 11 million dollars. She owns a luxurious house in Mumbai and some cars like BMW X1 and Ford Endeavour.
Interesting facts and Trivia
- Shweta had her first job when she was just 12 years old. She worked for a travel agency and her first salary was ₹500 a month.
- She has had a deep love and interest in acting since her childhood days and participated in many cultural programs back in school.
- Shweta is hardworking and multitalented as she has also appeared in Urdu, Marathi, Kannada, and Punjabi languages apart from Hindi films.
- Shweta Tiwari has a deep interest in reading books.
- Shweta Tiwari won the fourth season of Bigg Boss in 2010.
- She started her career as a model before entering the acting industry.
- Shweta has worked in Hindi, Marathi, Kannada, and Bhojpuri films and television shows.
- She was also part of the popular TV show Kasautii Zindagii Kay, playing the lead role of Prerna.
- Shweta has also participated in several reality shows like Comedy Circus Ka Naya Daur and Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.
- She was awarded the Best Actress award at the Indian Television Academy Awards in 2003 for her role in the TV show Kasautii Zindagii Kay.
- Shweta has also written a book titled “The Only Life: My Autobiography” published in 2013.
- She is a trained Kathak dancer and also learns belly dancing.