Keerthy Suresh is one of the most popular and talented actresses in the South Indian film industry. She has won several awards and accolades for her performances in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam films, including the prestigious National Film Award for Best Actress for her portrayal of legendary actress Savitri in the biopic Mahanati (2018). Keerthy is also a fashion designer and a trained violinist. In this blog post, we will take a look at her life story, from her childhood to her current projects.
|Full Name||Keerthy Suresh|
|Date of Birth||17 October 1992|
|Current Age||31 years|
|Place of Birth||Madras (now Chennai), Tamil Nadu, India|
|Height||5 feet 4 inches|
|Body Measurements||32-26-32 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Tattoos on body||Not known|
|Shoe Size||Not known|
Past & Current Relationships:
|Father||G. Suresh Kumar (Director, Producer)|
|Mother||Menaka (Producer, Malayalam Actress)|
|Siblings||Revathy Suresh (Older Sister) (VFX Specialist)|
Keerthy Suresh has always maintained a low profile when it comes to her personal life. She has never confirmed or denied any rumours about her love affairs. However, some media reports have linked her with comedian Sathish, who co-starred with her in some Tamil films. The two were spotted together at various events and parties, sparking speculations about their relationship. However, both of them have denied being in a romantic relationship and have said that they are just good friends. Keerthy has also clarified that she is not interested in getting married anytime soon and wants to focus on her career.
Early Life & Education:
Keerthy Suresh was born on 17 October 1992 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. She belongs to a film family, as her father G. Suresh Kumar is a well-known Malayalam film producer and her mother Menaka is a former actress who has acted in over 100 films in Tamil, Malayalam and Kannada languages. She also has an elder sister Revathy, who works as a VFX specialist. Keerthy started acting as a child artist in some of her father’s productions, such as Pilots (2000), Achaneyanenikkishtam (2001) and Kuberan (2002). She also appeared in some television serials, such as Santhana Gopalam (2004).
Keerthy did her schooling till class four in Chennai and then moved to Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, where she studied in Kendriya Vidyalaya, Pattom. She was a bright student and participated in various extracurricular activities, such as singing, dancing and playing the violin. She also won many prizes in school competitions. After completing her schooling, she joined Pearl Academy in Chennai, where she pursued a degree in fashion design. She also went on an exchange program to Scotland for four months and did an internship in London for two months. She graduated with honours in 2014.
|Upcoming Films||Rendu Jella Seetha, Bhola Shankar, Siren|
She won the National Film Award for Best Actress for portraying actress Savitri in the Telugu film Mahanati (2018). She has also received three SIIMA Awards and a Filmfare Award South.
Keerthy Suresh’s career information is quite impressive, as she started her journey as a child actress in the early 2000s, appearing in some of her father’s productions. Her father, G. Suresh Kumar, is a filmmaker of Malayali descent, while her mother, Menaka, is an actress of Tamil origin. Keerthy completed her degree in fashion design from Pearl Academy, Chennai, and also spent some time on an exchange program in Scotland and an internship in London. She returned to films after studying fashion design and had her first lead role in the 2013 Malayalam film Geethaanjali.
Since then, Keerthy has starred in successful films such as Ring Master (2014), Rajinimurugan (2016), Remo (2016), Bairavaa (2017), Nenu Local (2017), Sandakozhi 2 (2018), Mahanati (2018), Sarkar (2018), Penguin (2020), Miss India (2021), Good Luck Sakhi (2022) and Sarkaru Vaari Paata (2022). She has shown her range and talent by playing different characters, from a blind girl to a legendary actress, from a bubbly girl to a serious entrepreneur. She has also worked with some of the biggest stars of South Indian cinema, such as Vijay, Suriya, Dhanush, Nani and Mahesh Babu.
|Net Worth||$2.5 Million|
|Fees||3 crore per film|
|Sources of Income||Acting projects|
Keerthy Suresh’s net worth and income are estimated to be around $2.5 million as of 2023, according to various sources. Keerthy Suresh has recently increased her fee and is charging Rs 3 crore per film and also earns from endorsements and brand deals. She owns a Jaguar XJ car and a bungalow in Chennai. She is one of the highest-paid and most sought-after actresses in the South Indian film industry.
Interesting facts and Trivia
- Keerthy Suresh is half-Tamil and half-Malayali. She was born to Malayalam producer Suresh Kumar and Tamil actress Menaka.
- Keerthy Suresh made her debut as a child actress at the age of 17 in 2000. Her debut film Pilots did very well at the box office.
- Keerthy Suresh is a vegetarian and maintains her diet at her best. She believes in being fit and does all that she can, in spite of her daily busy schedule.
- Keerthy Suresh’s sister Revathy Suresh is a VFX specialist and has an erstwhile stint in Red Chillies Entertainment – The production house of Shahrukh Khan.
- When Keerthy Suresh made her debut in Tollywood, she was not comfortable talking in Telugu. Her voice was mostly dubbed by a dubbing artist Akshaya. Keerthy dubbed for her dialogues for the first time in ‘Mahanati’.
- Though Keerthy aspired to be an actress right from her childhood, her parents belabored on education. They wanted her to first complete a certain level of education and then turn towards this field.
- Keerthy Suresh has done various courses in fashion design and would have loved to rock the world of vogue. She keeps her talent up by designing her dresses on a few occasions.
- Keerthy Suresh has been outstanding in swimming in her school days.
- Keerthy Suresh made her acting debut as a child artist in the movie ‘Pilots’ at the age of eight.
- Keerthy Suresh is a trained classical dancer in several forms including Bharatanatyam, Kuchipudi, and Mohiniyattam.
- She is fluent in several languages including Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and English.
- Keerthy Suresh won the National Film Award for Best Actress for her portrayal of legendary actress Savitri in the biopic ‘Mahanati’ (2018).
- She was crowned as Miss South India in 2016.
- Keerthy Suresh comes from a family of actors. Her mother Menaka Suresh and her grandmother Saroja are both yesteryear actresses in the South Indian film industry.
- She is a big foodie and enjoys cooking and experimenting with new recipes in her free time.
- Keerthy Suresh was a part of the team that won the Celebrity Badminton League in 2016.
- She holds a degree in fashion design from Pearl Academy, Chennai.
- Keerthy Suresh is a huge fan of legendary actor Rajinikanth and considers him her inspiration.