Jason DeFord, better known by the stage name Jelly Roll, is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter.
In Nashville’s underground music scene, Jelly Roll originally rose to fame with his mixtapes and freestyle rap battles.
He launched his first album, “The Big Sal Story,” in 2010, and has subsequently produced a number of further albums and mixtapes, including “The White Trash Story,” “Addiction Kills,” and “No Filter.”
The challenges with addiction, problems with his family, and his path to recovery are all frequently reflected in Jelly Roll’s songs.
Additionally, he has a huge fan base on websites like YouTube and Instagram.
|Full Name||Jason Deford|
|Profession||American musician, social media personality and popular rapper|
|Date of Birth||04 Dec, 1984|
|Place of Birth||Antioch, Tennesse|
|Body Measurements||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||Not known|
|Build||Tall and huge|
Family and Relationships
Jelly Roll and Bunnie Xo are a married couple, but they have not disclosed the date of their marriage.
Moreover, details about their courtship and how they first met remain unknown.
It seems that Jelly Roll is a private person when it comes to his personal life, as he has not revealed much information about his relationship with Bunnie Xo.
However, we do know that they have a daughter together, named Noah Buddy Deford.
Jelly Roll was born under the sign of the Sagittarius on December 4, 1984, in Antioch, Tennessee. He is 38 years old right now.
His early years were spent in Nashville, more especially in the Antioch neighborhood on the south side, where he was raised by his parents, who have managed to stay out of the spotlight.
The fact that he is well educated and has finished his studies is known, even though there is not much information regarding his educational history.
He has, however, been open about his past legal issues, including the time he spent in jail for acting inappropriately and engaging in criminal activity when he was that age or close to it.
|Occupation||Rapper, singer, songwriter and musician|
|Genres||Hip hop, country rap, country rock and Southern hip hop|
|Labels||Slumerican, Bad Apple Inc., War Dog and Wyte Music|
|Channel Name||Jelly Roll|
Jelly Roll, a gifted social media personality, kickstarted his career in the music industry back in 2010.
In the same year, he released his debut single, “Pop Another Pill,” which has garnered over 6.3 million views on YouTube as of May 2021.
He later joined the hip-hop group SNO, and in 2011, they launched their first album titled “Year Round.”
The album’s track, “Come Here White Girl,” caught the attention of popular hip-hop magazine XXL and was recognized among “The 10 Most Memorable White Rapper Collaborations.”
Jelly Roll has also collaborated with several notable artists, including Lil Wyte, Haystak, Struggle Jennings, Tech N9ne, and Ryan Upchurch.
His discography boasts an impressive collection of tracks such as “Street Flavor,” “The Hate Goes On,” “Year Round,” and many more.
Jelly Roll’s exceptional talent has been recognized yet again, as he swept up three prestigious awards at the CMT Music Awards on April 2, 2023.
The three coveted awards he received were the CMT Digital-First Performance of the Year, Male Breakthrough Video of the Year, and Male Video of the Year, all for his hit song “Son of a Sinner”.
Net Worth and Income
|Net Worth||$4 million|
|Source of Income||Song albums and music tours|
Jelly Roll has amassed significant wealth thanks to his successful career as a rapper and singer.
His successful job in the music industry serves as his main source of income.
His music has helped him become incredibly well-known, which has led to enormous album sales and lucrative tours.
Jelly Roll has put out a ton of mixtapes and albums over the years, and his music has racked up millions of views and set records.
His anticipated net worth as of 2023 is an astounding $4 million, which speaks much about his perseverance and commitment to his art.
Jelly Roll is surely leading a lavish lifestyle with his family because of his great income.
Interesting facts and Trivia
- Jelly Roll, originally named Jason DeFord, was born in Antioch, Tennessee on December 4, 1984, and raised in Nashville.
- His career in music began in 2010, when he released his debut single “Pop Another Pill.” In addition to rapping, Jelly Roll is also a singer, songwriter, and well-known personality on social media.
- He has collaborated with many famous artists in the music industry, including Lil Wyte, Haystak, Struggle Jennings, Tech N9ne, and Ryan Upchurch.
- Jelly Roll has put out a number of mixtapes and albums throughout the years, including “A Beautiful Disaster,” “Whiskey Sessions,” “Addiction Kills,” and “Crosses and Crossroads.”
- With more than 1.3 million YouTube subscribers and over 2.3 million Instagram followers, Jelly Roll is exceptionally well-liked on social media.
- He has a history of legal issues and has served time in prison for engaging in inappropriate and unlawful behavior.
- In the most recent CMT Music prizes in 2023, Jelly Roll’s song “Son of a Sinner” received three prizes. CMT Digital-First Performance of the Year, Male Breakthrough Video of the Year, and Male Video of the Year were the categories for these honors.
- He is credited with creating the “country rap” genre, which combines hip-hop, rock, and country music.
- Despite his difficulties, Jelly Roll has changed for the better and is an inspiration to many. He utilizes his platform to inspire people to overcome their own obstacles and to spread happiness.