Raveena Tandon is one of the most popular and versatile actors in Bollywood.
She has starred in over 90 films across various genres, such as comedy, drama, action, romance, and thriller.
She has won several awards for her performances, including a National Film Award and two Filmfare Awards.
She is also known for her humanitarian work and social activism, especially for the causes of women and children.
|Full Name||Raveena Tandon|
|Profession||Actress, Producer, Television personality|
|Date of Birth||October 26, 1974|
|Age||48 years old|
|Place of Birth||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Height||5 feet 6 inches or 168 cm|
|Weight||60 Kg or 132 Pounds|
|Body Measurements||34-28-34 Inches|
|Tattoos on body||Four paw prints tattoo on her wrist, scorpion tattoo on upper left chest, a multilingual back tattoo|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Father||Ravi Tandon (Producer)|
|Siblings||Rajiv Tandon (Actor)|
|Lovers||Ajay Devgn (1990s), Akshay Kumar (1994-1997)|
Raveena Tandon was born on 26 October 1974 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. She is the daughter of Ravi Tandon, a film producer and director, and Veena Tandon, a homemaker.
She has a brother named Rajiv Tandon, who is also a film producer. She belongs to a Punjabi Hindu family.
Raveena Tandon has had a tumultuous relationship history.
She was romantically involved with actors Akshay Kumar and Ajay Devgn in the 1990s, but both relationships ended bitterly.
She later adopted two girls, Pooja and Chhaya, as a single mother in 1995.
She married film distributor Anil Thadani in 2004 and has two biological children with him, a daughter named Rasha and a son named Ranbir.
Raveena Tandon has faced many personal struggles and challenges in her life.
She suffered from depression and anxiety after her break-up with Akshay Kumar.
She also faced criticism and backlash for adopting children as a single woman and for working in films after marriage.
She overcame these difficulties with courage and grace and emerged as a strong and successful woman.
Education and Early Life:
Raveena Tandon completed her schooling at Jamnabai Narsee School in Mumbai.
She then enrolled in Mithibai College to pursue a degree in arts but dropped out after two years to pursue a career in film.
She made her acting debut at the age of 19 with the film Patthar Ke Phool (1991) opposite Salman Khan.
Raveena Tandon had a keen interest in acting and dancing since her childhood.
She was inspired by her father’s work in the film industry and by legendary actors like Madhubala, Meena Kumari, and Sridevi.
She also enjoyed reading books and listening to music in her spare time.
She had a close bond with her family and friends and was known for her bubbly and cheerful personality.
|Upcoming acting projects||KGF: Chapter 2, Ghudchadi, Alert 24X7, Legacy, One Friday Night|
Raveena Tandon’s had a lot of experience across multiple genres, from action and comedy to drama and art films.
On top of that, she’s a producer, TV personality, and a former model.
Raveena comes from a film background as well – her father is director Ravi Tandon.
She has won several prestigious awards for her work, including the National Film Award and two Filmfare Awards.
In 2023, she was honored with the Padma Shri award, which is one of the highest civilian honors in India.
Raveena made her debut in 1991 with the action film Patthar Ke Phool, for which she won the Filmfare Award for New Face of the Year.
In the 1990s, she established herself as a leading lady with hits like Dilwale, Mohra, Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi, and Ziddi.
She also received a Filmfare nomination for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Laadla.
She collaborated frequently with Govinda in comedy blockbusters such as Bade Miyan Chote Miyan, Dulhe Raja, and Anari No.1.
Raveena also showcased her acting versatility in offbeat films. She gave critically acclaimed performances in crime dramas like Ghulam-E-Mustafa and Shool.
In 2000, she ventured into art cinema with acclaimed films like Daman and Aks. For Daman, she won the National Film Award for Best Actress.
After her marriage in 2004, Raveena took a break from films to focus on her family. She occasionally appeared on TV shows.
In 2017, she made her film comeback with the thriller Maatr. She has since appeared in supporting roles in projects like K.G.F: Chapter 2 and the web series Aranyak, winning praise for her work.
Net Worth and Income:
|Net Worth||$6.5 Million|
|Fees||2 to 3 Crore per movie|
|Sources of Income||Bollywood films, brand endorsements|
Raveena Tandon has an estimated net worth of $6.5 million to $7 million as of 2023. She earns her income from acting, producing, endorsing brands, and hosting shows.
She has endorsed products like Nycil Prickly Heat Powder, Colgate Toothpaste, Frooti, Royal Stag Whisky, and many more.
She has also invested in real estate and owns several properties in Mumbai and other cities.
Impact and Legacy:
Raveena Tandon has left a lasting impact on Bollywood with her diverse and impressive body of work.
She has been praised for her acting skills, screen presence, beauty, and charisma.
She has also been a trendsetter with her fashion choices and hairstyles.
She is considered one of the most influential actresses of her generation.
Raveena is also an environmentalist and a social activist who has worked with various causes like animal welfare, women empowerment, child education, and health care.
She has been associated with PETA since 2002 and has campaigned against animal cruelty and fur trade.
She has also supported organizations like CRY, UNICEF, Cancer Patients Aid Association, Bhamla Foundation, and Rotary Club.
Raveena has inspired many young girls and women to pursue their dreams and passions.
She has also been a role model for single mothers as she adopted two girls when she was only 21 years old.
She has balanced her personal and professional life with grace and dignity. She has been a positive force in industry and society at large.
Interesting facts and Trivia
- Raveena Tandon’s nickname is “Mast Mast girl” which was given to her after her popular dance number “Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast Mast” from the movie “Mohra”.
- Raveena Tandon’s name is an amalgamation of her parents’ names, Ravi and Veena Tandon.
- Raveena Tandon and Ajay Devgn studied together.
- Raveena Tandon is a trained classical dancer and has learned Bharatanatyam and Kathak.
- Raveena Tandon adopted two daughters at the age of 21.
- Raveena Tandon was engaged to Akshay Kumar.
- Raveena Tandon is also a grandmother.
- She was just 21 years old when she acted in her debut movie “Patthar Ke Phool” opposite Salman Khan in 1991.
- She was a part of many hit movies during the 90s including “Mohra”, “Andaz Apna Apna”, “Laadla”, “Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi”, and “Ziddi”.
- She is also a social activist and is associated with various causes like child welfare, health, and education.
- Raveena Tandon adopted two girls, Pooja and Chhaya, when she was just 21 years old, and later she gave birth to her two biological children, a son and a daughter.
- She is known for her philanthropic work and supports various NGOs like the PETA India, Spastics Society of India, and the National Association for the Blind.
- Raveena Tandon has also hosted two seasons of the popular TV show “Nach Baliye” and was a judge on the dance reality show “Shine of India”.
- Raveena Tandon won the National Film Award for Best Actress for her performance in the movie “Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence” in 2002.
- She has won many awards in her career including four Filmfare Awards, one National Film Award, and one Zee Cine Award.