William John Neeson AKA Liam Neeson is a renowned actor from Northern Ireland. He was raised in a Catholic household by his mother, Katherine Brown, who worked as a cook, and his father, Bernard Neeson, who was a school caretaker.
Neeson has been lauded for his acting skills and has earned nominations for various accolades, including an Academy Award, a British Academy Film Award, and two Tony Awards. Apart from his appearances in films and television shows, Neeson has also received acclaim for his acting performances on stage.
|Full Name||William John Neeson|
|Date of Birth||07 Jun, 1952|
|Place of Birth||Ballymena, Northern Ireland, UK|
|Height||6 feet 4 inches (1.93 m)|
|Body Measurements||Not Available|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Race||White or Caucasian race|
|Shoe Size||Not Available|
|Build||Tall and athletic|
Family and Relationships
|Siblings||Elizabeth Neeson (older sister)|
Bernadette Neeson (older sister)
Rosaline Neeson (younger sister)
|Marital Status||Married to Natasha Richardson (died 2009)|
Liam Neeson has had several romantic relationships in his lifetime. He was wedded to the actress Natasha Richardson from 1994 until her tragic demise in 2009 as a result of a skiing accident. The pair had two sons named Michael and Daniel.
Before his marriage to Richardson, Neeson was romantically involved with actress Helen Mirren from 1980 to 1985. Neeson has also been connected to several other actresses over the years, such as Brooke Shields and Julia Roberts.
Liam Neeson, who was born on June 7, 1952, in Ballymena, Northern Ireland, was the third of four siblings. His father worked as a caretaker at a local school, and his mother was a cook.
While attending St. Patrick’s College in Ballymena, Neeson showed promise as an athlete and initially contemplated pursuing boxing. However, he eventually turned to acting and joined the Lyric Players’ Theatre in Belfast.
After enrolling in physics and computer science at Queen’s University Belfast in 1971, Neeson abandoned his studies to focus entirely on his acting career. He commenced his professional acting career in 1976 with the Lyric Players’ Theatre before moving on to perform at the Abbey Theatre in Dublin.
In the early 1980s, he relocated to London to expand his opportunities in film and television.
|Debut||Pilgrim’s Progress (1978)|
|Popular films||Schindler’s List (1993), Love Actually (2003),|
Batman Begins (2005), Taken (2008),
Liam Neeson is an actor from Northern Ireland who has made a name for himself in film, television, and theater. He began his professional acting career in the mid-1970s with the Lyric Players’ Theatre in Belfast, then moved on to perform with the Abbey Theatre in Dublin.
Neeson’s breakout role was in the 1993 Steven Spielberg film “Schindler’s List,” which earned him an Academy Award nomination for Best Actor.
He has since appeared in numerous films, including action thrillers such as “Taken,” “Non-Stop,” and “The Commuter,” as well as dramas such as “Michael Collins,” “Kinsey,” and “Silence.”
Apart from his work in film, Neeson has also acted on stage in productions such as “Anna Christie,” “The Crucible,” and “The Cherry Orchard.”
He has also worked in television, starring in series like “Taken” and “The Big C” and appearing in shows like “Life’s Too Short” and “Chernobyl.”
Throughout his career, Neeson has received multiple awards and nominations for his performances, including Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild nominations. He has also been awarded the Order of the British Empire for his contributions to drama.
Net Worth and Income
|Net Worth||$145 Million|
Liam Neeson’s estimated net worth in 2023 is around $145 million, which he has primarily amassed from his successful career in acting in films, television, and theater.
His roles in commercially successful movies such as the “Taken” franchise, which grossed over $929 million globally, have contributed significantly to his wealth.
Neeson has also been a part of other blockbuster films like “Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace” and “Batman Begins.”
Moreover, he has worked on several endorsement deals such as his association with LG and has invested in real estate properties, which have further contributed to his net worth.
Interesting facts and trivia
- Neeson was born in Ballymena, Northern Ireland, on June 7, 1952, and was named after the local Catholic priest.
- In his youth, Neeson was a boxer and was successful in the sport, winning the Ulster Amateur Boxing Championship in his weight category three times.
- Neeson’s first job was as a forklift operator at a Guinness factory.
- While in college, he studied physics and computer science but dropped out after one year and worked as a truck driver and assistant architect.
- Neeson was married to actress Natasha Richardson from 1994 until her death in 2009. They have two sons together.
- He declined the role of James Bond in the 1995 film “GoldenEye” because he did not want to be stereotyped as an action hero.
- Neeson was mentored by fellow Irish actor Richard Harris and considered him a close friend. Harris was also the godfather of one of Neeson’s sons.
- As a Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF, Neeson has traveled to numerous countries to advocate for children’s rights and raise awareness of poverty and disease.
- In 2009, Neeson received an Honorary Doctorate of Fine Arts from Queen’s University Belfast.
- Neeson is a fan of the football club Tottenham Hotspur and provided the narration for the team’s documentary “Tottenham Hotspur: To Dare Is To Do” in 2017.
How old is Liam Neeson?
Liam Neeson birthday comes on June 7, 1952.
Where is Liam Neeson from?
Liam Neeson belongs to Ballymena, a town in County Antrim in Northern Ireland.
Where does Liam Neeson live?
Due to privacy and security concerns, Liam Neeson’s private residence is not made known to the general public. He has been known to own residences in a number of places, including County Wicklow, Ireland, and New York City.
Who was Liam Neeson married to?
Actress Natasha Richardson was the wife of Liam Neeson. From 1994 till her demise in 2009, they were wed. Together, they have two sons: Michael and Daniel.