Evan Hafer is a US Army veteran turned businessman. During his tenure in the military, he worked as a Green Beret and a CIA contractor. He is popularly known for being the founder and CEO of the Black Rifle Coffee Company. Black Rifle Coffee Company was founded in 2014 by Hafer and two fellow veterans who served in Afghanistan and Iraq. The company billed itself as pro-military, pro-law enforcement, and “anti-hipster”.
|Full Name||Evan Hafer|
|Profession||CEO of Black Rifle Coffee Company|
|Date of Birth||1977|
|Current Age||45-46 years old (as of 2023)|
|Place of Birth||Northern Idaho, USA|
|Zodiac sign||Unknown (but likely Aries)|
|Height||5 feet 6 inches (167.64 cm)|
|Weight||77 kg (170 lbs)|
|Tattoos on body|
Early life and education:
Evan Hafer was born in 1977 and is about 45 years old. He grew up in a rural town in Northern Idaho. He belongs to a family of loggers, and his family generated income from felling trees. After completing his high school education at a local Idaho institution and receiving his certificate, he moved to Idaho. In 1995, Hafer began his studies at the University of Idaho. After completing the required coursework, he earned his bachelor’s degree in Political Science and Government in 2000. Evan Hafer is a family man. He is married to his beautiful wife Kate Hafer. The couple has been married for almost ten years now. They are proud parents of two daughters.
|Occupation||CEO and founder of Black Rifle Coffee Company|
|Former Occupations||United States Army Special Forces and a CIA contractor|
|Years Active||Since 2014|
After graduating from the University of Idaho in 2000, Evan Hafer served in the US Army in different positions for 20 years. He worked as an infantryman, a Special Forces Soldier, and also as a CIA contractor. In 2000, Hafer got selected to become a Green Beret. He was also included in the invasion of Iraq while he was working as a Green Beret. Between 2003 and 2014, Hafer was deployed either as a Green Beret or a contractor for the CIA.
The skills he developed during his military service, such as pushing himself past mental and physical limits, helped him in his entrepreneurial journey. Additionally, he sought professional development opportunities and went to a lot of schools when he was in the military, which helped him acquire skills that were not translatable to his MOS but were useful for his future.
After leaving the military in 2014, Evan Hafer cared about coffee and his veteran community, leading him to build a business with his passion. He teamed up with some friends at Article15 Clothing and did a test drive of his Freedom Roast coffee on their site. They sold about 500 pounds of coffee, and it inspired him to launch Black Rifle Coffee in December 2014.
Hafer co-owns the company with Tom Davin and Matt Best. Tom Davin is a Marine Corps infantry officer veteran and also the co-CEO of the company. Likewise, Matt Best is the executive vice president of the company and a former CIA contractor.
Black Rifle Coffee Company sells a variety of coffee products, including light, medium, dark, and extra dark roasts. Some of their popular coffee roasts include CAF Coffee Roast, Just Black Coffee Roast, Silencer Smooth Coffee Roast, AK-47 Espresso Blend, and Freedom Roast. They also sell single-serve Keurig-compatible K-pots or “coffee rounds”. In addition to coffee, they also sell apparel and gear such as T-shirts, hats, mugs, and tumblers.
However, his company, Black Rifle Coffee Company has been involved in several controversies over the years. Some of these controversies include being accused of being associated with white nationalists, supporting former President Donald Trump’s immigration policies, being linked to Kyle Rittenhouse, who killed two people during a protest in Wisconsin, and backing podcaster Joe Rogan, who has made inflammatory statements about race, COVID-19, and masks.
Net worth and Income:
|Net Worth (2023)||$5 million in 2023|
|Primary Source of Income||Black Rifle Coffee Company|
Evan Hafer’s net worth is estimated to be between $5 million and $15 million as of 2023. He earns most of his income from his ownership stake in Black Rifle Coffee Company, which has an annual revenue of over $30 million. He also earns money from his personal brand deals, speaking engagements and book sales.
Hafer is known for being generous with his wealth. He donates a portion of his profits to various charities that support veterans, law enforcement officers and first responders. He also sponsors events and initiatives that promote patriotism, freedom and entrepreneurship.
Interesting facts and Trivia
- Evan Hafer served in the US Army for over 20 years, 15 of which were in special forces as a Green Beret with the 19th Special Forces Group. He also served as a contractor for the Central Intelligence Agency.
- During his time in the military, Hafer fell in love with coffee in Seattle in 1997 and started roasting coffee in 2006. He would take the roasted coffee with him on his deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Hafer’s coffee expertise grew, and he developed a passion for providing high-quality coffee. Prior to founding Black Rifle Coffee Company in 2014, he held staff meetings every two days, being told that their in-house coffee was “good enough.” Dissatisfied with the quality, Hafer decided to start his own coffee company that would cater to those who appreciate excellent coffee.
- Hafer’s aggressive and no-nonsense management style is attributed to his time serving in Special Forces. This approach has influenced the culture of Black Rifle Coffee Company.
- Hafer co-founded Article 15 Clothing and created multiple brands, such as Leadslingers Spirits and the Drinkin’ Bros Podcast. He co-owns Black Rifle Coffee Company with Tom Davin and Matt Best.
- Over half of Black Rifle Coffee Company’s staff are former military, and the company upholds a pro-military, pro-gun, pro-police image. Hafer’s military background and his commitment to supporting veterans and active-duty military personnel are reflected in the company’s values.
- Hafer has been involved in various philanthropic initiatives through Black Rifle Coffee Company, supporting veterans and active-duty military personnel, as well as organizations focused on mental health and PTSD awareness.
- Hafer has a media presence and has appeared on various platforms, including podcasts and interviews. In these appearances, he discusses entrepreneurship, military service, and the mission of Black Rifle Coffee Company.