Colleen Hoover is an American author who writes novels in the romance and young adult fiction genres.
The author has written more than 20 novels and novellas in a variety of genres, including romance, young adult fiction, and psychological thrillers.
Her books have sold millions of copies worldwide and been translated into dozens of languages. She has also won numerous awards and accolades for her writing.
This includes being named one of the 100 most influential people in the world by Time magazine in 2023.
|Full Name||Colleen Hoover|
|Date of Birth||December 11, 1979|
|Current Age||43 years|
|Place of Birth||Sulphur Springs, Texas, USA|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches|
|Weight||(165 lbs) 75 kg|
Past & Current Relationships
|Husband||William Heath Hoover|
Colleen Hoover’s parents divorced when she was young, and her father abused her mother.
Her mother remarried, and they lived on a small dairy farm.
Colleen Hoover mentioned that her childhood was not easy, but it taught her to be resilient and grateful for what she had.
She also credits her mother as her biggest inspiration and supporter.
Colleen Hoover met her husband, Heath Hoover when she was 16 years old. They dated for four years before marrying in 2000.
They have three sons: Cale (born in 2001), Kel (born in 2003), and Cohen (born in 2005).
Colleen Hoover describes her husband as her best friend and soulmate and dedicates her books to him.
She has also expressed that he is very supportive of her writing career and helps her with editing and marketing of her books.
Colleen Hoover has many friends in the writing community, such as Tarryn Fisher, Jamie McGuire, Anna Todd, K.A. Tucker, Abbi Glines, and Jennifer Armentrout.
She often collaborates with them on projects, such as anthologies, podcasts, book signings, and charity events.
She also interacts with her fans regularly on social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Goodreads.
She has said that she loves hearing from her readers and that they motivate her to keep writing.
Early Life & Education
|Siblings||Lin Reynolds and Murphy Fennell|
|Children||Cale Hoover, Beckham Hoover, Levi Hoover|
Colleen Hoover was born December 11, 1979, in Sulphur Springs, Texas. She grew up in Saltillo, Texas, where she attended Saltillo High School and graduated in 1998.
She married Heath Hoover in 2000, and they have three sons. Colleen Hoover has a degree in social work from Texas A&M-Commerce, and she worked as a counselor for a federal nutrition program before becoming a full-time writer.
Colleen Hoover has loved reading and writing since childhood. She read books by Judy Blume, Beverly Cleary, Roald Dahl, and Stephen King. She also wrote poems and stories for fun.
However, she never thought of becoming a professional writer until later in life.
Hoover graduated from Texas A&M-Commerce with a degree in social work in 2004. She worked various social work and teaching jobs, before starting her career as an author.
She then worked as a counselor for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), a federal program that provides food and healthcare assistance to low-income families.
She enjoyed helping people through her job, but felt stressed and burned out by the workload and bureaucracy.
|Years Active||2012 – Present|
|Upcoming Acting Projects||Under contract to release six more books in the next five years through publishers Hachette, Simon & Schuster and Amazon Publishing|
|Net Worth||$10 million in 2023|
|Sources of Income||Literary career (book sales. events, etc)|
Colleen Hoover’s net worth is estimated to be around $10 million in 2023. Her main source of income is book sales, which have earned her awards and accolades. She also makes money from her movie and TV deals, as well as merchandise and events. Colleen Hoover lives in Texas with her husband and three sons.
Interesting facts and Trivia
- She began writing her debut novel, Slammed, with no intention of getting published.
- She self-published “Slammed” in January 2012 so her mother, who had just gotten an Amazon Kindle, could read it.
- Before the book “Slammed” gained popularity and was eventually re-published by a traditional publishing house.
- Before becoming a full-time author, Colleen Hoover worked as a social worker, and teacher, and even owned a photography business.
- She has a strong presence on social media and actively engages with her readers through platforms like Instagram and Facebook.
- Colleen Hoover’s books often tackle emotional and thought-provoking themes, including love, loss, and personal growth, which have resonated with a wide audience.
- She is known for writing in various genres, including romance, young adult fiction, and contemporary fiction, showcasing her versatility as an author.
- Colleen Hoover’s novel “It Ends with Us” won the prestigious Goodreads Choice Award for Best Romance in 2016.
- She has collaborated with fellow authors Tarryn Fisher and Jamie McGuire on a joint project called “The Never Never Series,” which became a bestseller.
- Colleen Hoover is actively involved in philanthropy and has donated a portion of her book proceeds to charitable organizations.
- Despite her success, Colleen Hoover remains humble and values her readers, often expressing gratitude for their support and interaction.
- She continues to write and publish new books, delighting her fans with captivating stories and memorable characters.
- She was born in Sulphur Springs, Texas to Eddie Fennell and Vannoy Fite.
- She married William Heath Hoover and they have three sons together.
- She graduated from Texas A&M-Commerce with a degree in social work.
- She worked various social work and teaching jobs before starting her career as an author.
- She was inspired by a lyric from an Avett Brothers song and incorporated Avett Brothers lyrics throughout the story.